TTC Dev Team
Freaks is a port of Freaks! (MS/DOS), a 3D maze and monster smashing adventure developed in the 90's, to newer architectures (i.e. Linux and MS Windows). The original code was too MSDOS-dependent (including big chunks of Turbo Assembler!), so a remake using the QDGDF library was done to boost portability. On the way, some new features were implemented:
- Full angle rotation (not limited to the original 90 degree steps),
- Engine improvements (depth cue lighting, better sounds management),
- Map definitions and some game logic rewritten in a higher-level language (using Filp),
- More ambientation (rain, lightning storms, etc).
The game idea is mostly unchanged; the only difference is that life is not replenished after killing a monster, but after passing over a corpse (as if "feeding" from it).
This software is released into the public domain.
- Ángel Ortega, Manuel Zamora
- Ángel Ortega, Antonio Guerrero
- Ángel Ortega, Manuel Zamora, Antonio Guerrero
- Ann Hell